Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Casadina, A Hidden Culinary Oasis!

It’s my second meet up with Abra Resto! I can’t wait to taste the food because I heard a lot of positive comments about Casadina. I arrive just in time before the event begins on 11.15pm – as usual – and again, I met a lot of new friends here! 

Casadina is located in the same block as Rasuna Apartment, Tower 17. You’ll see the big sign of Casadina on the road, next to Pizza Hut. Just make sure you don’t miss it! When I step inside, I immediately fall in love because they’re having a pool in front (even though it’s kinda dirty ) and their interior feels like a garden party!




The Casadina owner + chef and Abra Resto Crew greet us nicely and share about the event schedule. After that, Casadina’s owner explains the meaning behind Casadina. “Casa” means a house, where “Dina” stands for Dining. So, Casadina means a house to dine comfortably with friends.

What I like the most about Casadina is that they made all the pasta from scratch, which means all the ingredients are home-made. Also, even though they served savoury food, they use vegetarian based ingredients, for example pasta combined with spinach so the colour is green. Yes, don’t worry because they care about our healthiness! ;)


APPETIZER – FINGER FOOD


As we’re waiting for the event preparation, which is cooking class / competition, Casadina serve the appetizer for all of us to enjoy. Let’s review it one by one, shall we? 


Vegetarian Indian Samosa with Cucumber Raita – IDR 25,000

Even though it looks super plain, believe me the taste is rich! I think the inside is mainly potato and tomato. Really yummy, soft, and of course, savoury! You can eat it together with the mayonnaise sauce. 

Chicken Quasadillas – IDR 48,000


Looks like a “martabak” or pancake, this is a tortilla with Mexican chicken, combined with shredded cheese and also chillies filling. Don’t worry, even though there are chillies, the tastes is not hot. The taste is strong, and it’s a perfect tortilla combination!

Tandoori Chicken Pizza – IDR 68,000


It’s an Indian style marinated chicken pizza, with mushroom, onions, paprika, and mozzarella as the topping. It’s easy to chew and easy to cut! The edge of the pizza is still crispy, thumbs up! A perfect choice for finger food!


COOKING CLASS / COMPETITION


After we finished taking all of the appetizer’s pictures plus enjoying all of it, AbraResto announce that the cooking class will be started in minutes. So, we gather in the other section of the restaurants. We were divided into four groups for the cooking competition, and I’m in group 3.

As the cooking class / competition is sponsored by Oxone, and the goodie bag is sponsored by Lock & Lock, we use a cute – green apron with Lock & Lock symbol on top, and also cute – black apron with Oxone symbol on top. 


Casadina’s owner and the chef start to give us insight about types of pasta, and how to make it. Then, they start a demo on how to make Gnochii (Read in Indonesian: Noki).  Gnochii is a type of short pasta. After they give the demo, then the cooking competition begins! 

Using Oxone colourful sets of kitchen utensils, my group, which is group number 3, chooses to make alfreddo pasta with cream sauce, mushroom, and chicken. Here’s our dish! “White Alfreddo with mushroom and chicken” Trust me, it taste great and super creamy!

What do you guys thing? Looks really good right? ;)


This one belongs to other group


MAIN COURSE


After having fun and gaining a lot of knowledge in the cooking class / competition, we sat again in our chair and wait for the main course. There are three types of main course, and I choose the Fettuchine Alfreddo Pollo (Green pasta).

Fettuchine Alfreddo Pollo – IDR 50,000


The green colour is from spinach, not preservatives. So, there’s no need to worry ;) It consists of chicken, mushroom, cream sauce, and some almond peanut(kacang mente). Surprisingly, I can barely taste the spinach, and I’m grateful for that, because I’m not a fan of veggie, hahaha!


Murgh Makani Butter Chicken – IDR 62,000


I can say that this one looks like an Indian curry dish, with Paratha Bread as the sides. The masala chicken is cooked together with the creamy tomato gravy, and that explains why the colour of this dish is red. All I can say, a superb combination of Paratha Bread and curry.


Seafood Noodle 


This dish looks super beautiful and the foodies also say it’s delicious! As you know, I don’t eat and don’t like ginger. I can taste the ginger by the time it touches my tounge. So sorry, this dish is not my favorite. However, I really fancy the plating, it’s so gorgeous!  

SWEET TOOTH 


Mascarpone 


As we finish the main course, slowly the dessert is served. I really love to look at it. It has bright colours! It consists of 3 layers, orange on the top, combined with white mascarpone and brown crumble cake on the bottom. It also added with strawberry sauce and dressed with white sugar. The taste is heavenly sweet! A perfect dessert choice! 

BEVERAGES

Anti Oksidan Boost – IDR 32,000


Tomato, Apple, Guava, and Orange all blend together in this healthy juice. I think the tomato taste a bit too strong and beat the other fruits. It tastes fresh, and I recommend to drink it all before the ice gone out! 

Green Lush – IDR 29,000

Pak Choy, Pineapple, and Apple all blend together in this healthy juice. Surprisingly, even there’s a vegetable in the juice, it taste super refreshing and you can barely taste the Pak Choy! Guess what? This is my favorite drink here! Yes, me, a carnivore lover and a veggie hater.

Okay, I think I start to fall in love with vegetables here! Even though they use veggies as their main ingredients, I love it, all of them! I even didn’t feel the vegetables because they mix it well. Definitely will back to try their bread and cakes, I bet they all taste great!

THE GOODIE BAG

I got the shocking green one! Thanks Lock and Lock ;)
As if the food is not enough, Abra Resto give each of us a goodie bag sponsored by Lock & Lock. It’s a lunch box that is microwaveable! Love the colour, it’s a bright green! A super useful merchandise indeed 

I’ll update about the video recap from Abra Resto at 1st April! 

Once again, thank you Abra Resto, Casadina, Oxone, and Lock and Lock! See you again in the next meet up!

CASADINA KITCHEN & BAKERY
Apartment Rasuna, Tower 17, Jl. HR. Rasuna Said, Kuningan, Jakarta
Phone: +6221 - 29704981 ext: 342

Thanks, reader(s)!

Stay in touch & get the newest update!

. Blog . Instagram . G+ . Twitter . LinkedIn . Askfm .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment(s) & will reply it soon!