Finally, YEAH I’M IN JAPAN!! That’s the first thing across my mind ;)
![]() |
| Inside the Airplane |
Before entering into my journey, let me give you some interface.
Actually, I’m going to Japan with my friends in the same University Major, which is International Business Management (IBM).
So, IBM has an event called International Study Excursion (ISE) for students in semester 6.
This ISE will be in 7 days (14 April - 20 April 2014), when the Sakura season is almost ended - but there’s still some sakura - in Japan.
Moreover, all of my friends and I decided to extend our trip until 23 April 2014, which we’ll go and arrange it on our own.
Our flight to Japan is on 13 April, and our flight back is on 24 April.
In the ISE program, sorry if I didn’t provide any directions / how to get to the place because mostly I went with the Bus from my tour guide. You can check how to go to the place on your own, believe me, it will be easy!
But relax, in our extended trip from 21 April, I’ll provide guidelines on how to get to the place ;)
So, Let’s begin the journey !!
OSAKA
Since it’s the first day, we booked a hotel near the Osaka airport, because we arrived at Osaka nearly at 1 p.m
That is why, the first thing we do in the morning is that we check out from our first hotel near Osaka Airport, and headed to Osaka City.
![]() |
| Our first hotel near the airport |
Walking around the hotel while waiting for the bus
|
OBKG - LANGUANGE SCHOOL IN OSAKA
The very first place that we’ll visit along the way is OBKG, one of the best language school in Osaka.
OBKG also has some branches in Surabaya, and will soon open some language school in Surabaya.
When we arrived at OBKG, we changed our shoes into the school sandals and went into a classroom.
In the classroom, the OBKG teacher who can speak Bahasa Indonesia teach us some useful Japanese language and also promoting their school, OBKG.
![]() |
| Inside OBKG class, studying little Japanese |
Thank you OBKG ! (The right one is the OBKG Vice Headmaster)
|
After OBKG, we have lunch near OBKG. It’s the first time I ever try the real Japanese Okonomiyaki.
To be honest, I don’t like it because I think it contains too much vegetables inside.
![]() |
| Okonomiyaki |
![]() |
| This one is like an egg mix with seafood |
Near the Okonomiyaki's restaurant
|
Near the restaurant, there’s a stall that sell Takoyaki, and I buy it.
The Takoyaki is super delicious! I really love those tiny thin things (the brown one) above the Takoyaki.
![]() |
| In front of the Takoyaki stall |
OSAKA MINT PARK
Feeling full, we headed to our next destination, which is Osaka Mint Park, where the Sakura is still booming and in its mature time.
Even though today is Monday, The Osaka Mint Park is really crowded. Bunch of people want to see the Sakura.
Osaka Mint Park has a long road ahead, so you’ll feel surrounded by people, and of course, Sakura.
The Sakura is really really beautiful !! If there are only a few people around, I believe it will be more beautiful.
![]() |
| A closer look to Sakura! |
OSAKA CASTLE
Finish admiring the Sakura, we went to Osaka Castle.
Osaka castle has a really long way to go before you can reach the main castle.
But don’t worry, along the way you’ll find lots of beautiful things to capture and you can enjoy the very clean and calm atmosphere there.
![]() |
| Found sakura on the way to the castle |
Unfortunately, when I reached the main castle, it’s already closed :’(
But some of my friends has already gone inside the castle. Oh my, I really envy them!
They told us - who didn’t get into the castle - that inside the castle is really beautiful, even they can try to put on a Samurai clothes and Kimono !
Anyway, while waiting my friends who’s going inside, I look around the Castle and also go to a souvenir shop.
When I walk around, I found a vending machine that sell Haagen Dazs, yeah really, a Haagen Dazs vending machine!
I bought the Green Tea one because in Indonesia Haagen Dazs doesn’t sell any.
The taste is pretty good :d
![]() |
| Haagen Dazs Green Tea |
UMEDA
Our last place to visit today is Umeda. It’s like a shopping centre and you can find this huge electronic store that provide almost everything!
Not only that, in Umeda there’s also Umeda sky building (but I don’t find the place, because the time is really short) that has a gorgeous view (you can google it later on guys!)
![]() |
| Umeda at Night |
On 7.30 pm, we go back to our meeting point because the bus can be operate only until 8 p.m. Also, we need to do the hotel check in today.
Because we haven’t eat dinner, when we finished arranging our hotel room and stuffs, we went outside the hotel to get some food.
I try the Soyu Ramen, it’s like the basic ramen that famous in Osaka, and the taste is super yum!
Japanese Ramen has a different and also better taste compare to Japanese ramen in Indonesia.
My day 1 has been awesome, let’s go to day 2 !
COMPLETE GUIDE JAPAN TRIP :
Day 1 : OBKG, Osaka Mint (Sakura!), Osaka Castle, Umeda
Day 2 : Osaka-Kyoto-Osaka (Asahi Beer, Fushimi Inari Shrine, Shinsaibashi)
Day 3 : Nissin Instant Ramen Museum, Shinkansen to Tokyo, Shinagawa Aquarium (Meet with Kaze and Midori!)
Day 4 : Asahi Shimbun, Tokyo Stock Exchange, Ginza
Day 5 : Nissan, Waseda University, Shinjuku Government Building
Day 6 : NHK Studio Park, Takeshita Dori, Asakusa Temple, Tokyo Sky Tree
Day 7 : Tokyo Disneysea
Day 8 : Ikebukuro, Asahi Archery (Otsuka), Akihabara, Roppongi (Tokyo Tower)
Day 9 : Meiji Shrine, Odaiba
Day 10 : Shibuya (Hachiko Statue), Doraemon Museum, Cirque Du Soleil - See you Japan!!
Thanks, reader(s)!
Day 2 : Osaka-Kyoto-Osaka (Asahi Beer, Fushimi Inari Shrine, Shinsaibashi)
Day 3 : Nissin Instant Ramen Museum, Shinkansen to Tokyo, Shinagawa Aquarium (Meet with Kaze and Midori!)
Day 4 : Asahi Shimbun, Tokyo Stock Exchange, Ginza
Day 5 : Nissan, Waseda University, Shinjuku Government Building
Day 6 : NHK Studio Park, Takeshita Dori, Asakusa Temple, Tokyo Sky Tree
Day 7 : Tokyo Disneysea
Day 8 : Ikebukuro, Asahi Archery (Otsuka), Akihabara, Roppongi (Tokyo Tower)
Day 9 : Meiji Shrine, Odaiba
Day 10 : Shibuya (Hachiko Statue), Doraemon Museum, Cirque Du Soleil - See you Japan!!
Add me in Snapchat for Live Updates!
meganfaustine
FOLLOW ME:
Add me in Snapchat for Live Updates!
meganfaustine
FOLLOW ME:



















No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for your comment(s) & will reply it soon!