“Omah” is a Javanese language of “Rumah”.
In English, “Rumah” or “Omah” means a house. In the other hand, “Sendok” is a
spoon. But, it doesn’t mean that it is the house of spoon, hahaha! The name
consist “Sendok” because it is located in Taman Mpu Sendok road, in Senopati
area.
Directions:
It’s kinda tricky and your vehicles need
to be slow in order to find the place. When you find The Harvest in Senopati
street, you need to take turn left until you find yourself in the middle of a
housing complex. Just keep straight, and on your left side you’ll find Omah
Sendok, which apparently really looks like an ordinary house.
The Ambiance: Indoor v.s Outdoor
“Omah Sendok” was an ordinary house
before it was transformed into a restaurant / wedding / arisan(gossiping within
housewives) / birthday / any other occasion places. As I went inside, I feel
like I was walking into a home.
In the front area, you’ll find the indoor
restaurant, where there’s also a private room that you can book and also a
small Batik store (yes, they sell batik!). I love the details of the design
here. It’s so authentic, so Javanese, and so homey! See the Buddha statue /
picture there? Well, try to walk, and the Buddha face’s will follow you! So
unique.
| The private room |
| I love the ornament inside the house! |
| The small batik store |
As for me, Kak Yenny already reserved the
tables on the backyard for all of us. You’ll need to walk through a path until
you reach the backyard. Surprise surprise, in the backyard there’s some
restaurant tables, and also a swimming pool! Yes, this place can fit up to 400
people (standing party). If you want to celebrate any occasion here, I think
this is the perfect private place (well, consider about pool party?)
| Together with other foodies/bloggers |
| So green, so nature right? |
| A great place to chill out! |
| Love all the little touch done here! |
Okay then, let’s go to the food review!
3 Soon-To-Be-Launch Menus!
The reason I went to Omah Sendok is
because Kak Yenny invited me to try their soon-to-be-launch menus (so
excited!!). Let’s take a peek on what menus they’ll be launching real soon!
Nasi Ijo
As the name implies, Nasi Ijo really
consists of rice with green colour. Served with well-cooked chicken, sambal
dabu-dabu, and with Baby Kaylan as the condiment, I bet you must be fall in
love with this menu. I can barely taste the vegetables (Yes, it’s using
vegetables to make the rice becomes green) The chicken is so tender,
and the sambal dabu-dabu is superb! If you love to eat chilli, maybe you should
request for a hotter sambal ;)
Ayam Woku
Dominated by yellow colour, the rice is
combined with corns. The chicken meat itself is really tender, and blends well
with the gravy. Taste perfect and there’s nothing I could complain about this
dish. It’s really a nice choice for lunch. Especially when you eat this in Omah
Sendok, near the pool side while enjoying the fresh air.
Bandeng Parape
Not like any other Bandeng, the meat of
the Bandeng fish is already mashes and blends with Kunyit and any other herbs. That’s
why the meat colour is yellow, and it looks like a crumb rather than a fish
meat. Without any small bones, you could easily pick the mashed fish meat,
together with the crisp outside. It’s easy to eat, taste delicious, healthy
even for your kids!
Signature Dishes
Kue Pancong – IDR 12,000
Best served while hot, this is one of my
favorite Kue Pancong so far! It’s so fluffy, and I love the strawberry syrup
plus the whip cream. A great choice to start or even to end your dine in!
Asinan Omah – IDR 22,000
I’m not a vegetable lover or even love
Asinan Betawi, but maybe this time I’ll make an exception. The vegetable is
really fresh – it’s even crunchy! – and I love the asinan sauce! Eat it with
“Kerupuk” and yes, you’ll crave for more. Super refreshing! I think this is a
suitable dish if you held an Arisan.
Soto Tangkar – IDR 51,000
Having a beef ribs inside the soup, this
dish is best served while warm, together with warm rice. The beef ribs itself
is super tender, you don’t have to spend a lot of energy to bite the meat. For
me, it’s a biiittt too salty, but if you eat it with warm rice, the taste would
be perfect. I bet my dad will love this one, hahaha!
Bestik Jawa – IDR 60,000
Eating Bestik Jawa reminds me of Selat
Solo, one of the traditional main course in Solo. The difference is that Bestik
Jawa is served with a sauce, not a soup like Selat Solo. The meat is sweet,
tender, the potato is really easy to chew, the vegetables are perfectly cooked.
No wonder that this one is the signature dish of Omah Sendok.
Bandeng Bakar
If you go here with your family or even
friends, you might want to order this one. The Bandeng fish is tender, and the
sauce is really nice. Don’t forget to squeeze the lime before eating the fish. If you want to
feel more sensation, eat it with your hands! ;)
Beverages
Es Remuk Coklat – IDR 32,000
Chocolate never fails me, as well as this
drink! Together with the whip cream, this chocolate drink is super tasty and
refreshing. Eventhough the portion is already large (about 20cm high), I wish
it has a chocolate chips inside with big big portion, hahaha!
Es Remuk Coffee – IDR 32,000
For coffee lovers, this one is a great
choice. Even though the coffee is not that strong – it is extremely light – but
you still can taste the coffee inside it.
Kopi Peras
If you’re a true coffee lovers, then you
should order Kopi Peres. The coffee smells and taste really good – it’s using a
real coffee beans! I’d love to order this coffee, with fried banana (pisang
goreng) or even hot kue pancong, sit on a table near the pool, together with my
laptops and doing my freelance writing job. Sounds like a great idea?
So yes, if you’re looking for authentic
Indonesian restaurant, Omah Sendok is great choice! Don’t forget to try their
new menus if you go there!
Bonus: Behind The Scene!!
Thanks, reader(s)!
Add me in Snapchat for Live Updates!
meganfaustine
FOLLOW ME:
Add me in Snapchat for Live Updates!
meganfaustine
meganfaustine
FOLLOW ME:






Wisata kuliner yang mantap dengan suasana tempat dan alamnya, memang jadi tempat yang wajib saya kunjungi nih mbak. ^.^
ReplyDeleteSetuju :)
Deletewow, the bandeng parape is stunning!!!
ReplyDeleteDedy@Dentist CHef
Hai Dedy, Thanks ;)
DeleteNot only stunning, the taste is also superb!
Such a lovely post❤
ReplyDeleteBistik Jawa looks very delicious!
Regards,
a-cupofrain.blogspot.com
Btw, I followed your blog. Mind to follow back? Thanksđź’•
DeleteHi thanks Christy
DeleteNice to know you and I already follow you back :)